Outstanding Educational Resource: The OpenCourseWare Consortium is a collaboration of higher education institutions and associated organizations from around the world creating a broad and deep body of open educational content using a shared model.
Please follow this link: http://ocwconsortium.org/
CASE STUDY: OCW INSPIRES SOCIAL CHANGE IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
“The World Health Organization has ambitious goals to reduce the proportion of the population without sustainable access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation by half by the year 2015. To achieve this goal, attention should be paid to educate students in developing countries. The OpenCourseWare (OCW) initiative, as started by Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands, on water management/drinking water engineering aims to educate its own students in addition to students and life-long learners in developing countries across the globe.”
Go here to see more: http://ocwconsortium.org/en/community/casestudies/socialchange Image from this link.
- MIT OpenCourseWare: The Reason Why edX Won’t Ruin Traditional Education [Images & Video] (bostinno.com)
- Education-Portal.com Raises Funds to Increase Access to Education (prweb.com)
- let’s discuss: A Free Degree? OpenCourseWare for Classical Singers. (sybariticsinger.wordpress.com)
- Keeping an “OER mind” about shared resources for education (googleresearch.blogspot.com)
- Higher or vocational education? A conversation on TED.com (skillsservices.wordpress.com)