Below are excerpts from Lauren Drell’s article on Mashable: http://mashable.com/2012/04/08/world-at-work-2/ (accessed 09/04/2012). Very interesting for those thinking about starting up their own businesses. They are passionate people who want to improve the lives of others.
“By harnessing the power of digital technology, these five companies have offered resources to citizens in need, helped to eliminate landfill junk and funded social entrepreneurs who will effect real change on a global scale. While the companies are diverse, they share a common thread — a passionate leader who’s devoted to improving lives.”
- Have you considered Social Entrepreneurship? (migrentrepreneurwomannetwork.wordpress.com)
- Social Entrepreneurship as Portfolio Theory (sophisticatedfinance.typepad.com)
- Entrepreneurship and the Social Entrepreneur (ruralstops.blogspot.com)
- Another Look at Social Entrepreneurship (sophisticatedfinance.typepad.com)
- Impact Investing: How One Foundation Empowers Social Entrepreneurs (mashable.com)